Prison education. Family life and Civilization – a reintegration pathway
The conference “Prison education. Family life and Civilization- a reintegration pathway” will be organised on Friday, 12 February 2021 within the framework of the Convicts Upskilling Pathways project – funded by Erasmus+ – by HumanRights360 and Epanodos, the Greek members of the partnership.
Interpretation will be provided in Italian, English and Greek
The event will be held on Zoom and livestreamed via Facebook. Click HERE to register.
10:00 – 10:30 GMT +2
- Greek Ministry of Citizen Protection,
- Prof. Chr. Zarafonitou, Epanodos President of Board,
- Fotini Milioni, Epanodos Director, representative of the CUP project
10.30 – 12.00 GMT +2
Session 1: Prison education and employment- Α reintegration pathway
- Yannis Petsas (PhD prison policy) “The effect of education on the reintegration of prisoners”
- Ioannis Fovos, Director of Educational Units of Youth Detention Center of Volos – “Education and training in prison as a pathway towards employability and reintegration”
- Yorgos Trantas, Director of Education Units of Larissa prison, Member of Epea Hellas Board – «Difficulties and challenges during the pandemic»
- Marios Vryonides (academic expert, European University Cyprus, CUP project) – “Motives and expectations of young prisoners for their participation in prison educational programmes”
- Theo van de Veerdonk (Tirantes / Netherlands) – “Outside in, inside out”
- Intervention by the Greek Ministry of Citizen Protection
12:00 – 12:10: Discussion
12.15 – 13:45 GMT+2
Session 2: Reconciliation of detention and family life- building a strong reintegration pathway
- George Nikolaidis, Psychiatrist, Head of Dep. of Mental Health & Social Welfare, Centre for Study & Prevention of Child Abuse & Neglect – “Communication of prisoners with their children: short and long-term benefits”
- Christos Psychos, Director of Grevena Prison – “The role of family in the smooth social reintegration of prisoners. Pilot program implementation in Grevena Prison”.
- Martha Lempesi, Sociologist, Epanodos – “Dreams and expectations of women prisoners as regards social reintegration: The family factor”
- Tina Törrönen, FREEDOM GATE GREECE – “The support of family environment of prisoners and the management of prison time”.
- Katerina Pournara (Street lawyering project, HumanRights360) “Ex-prisoners’ homelessness and the lack of supportive family framework”
13:45 – 13:55 Discussion
14:00 – 15:30 GMT+2
Session 3: Cultural activities in prison
Facilitation: FONDAZIONE COMPAGNIA DI SAN PAOLO
- Αnna Kasapoglou, PhD of Criminology for University of Thrace, Member of SEP, Greek Open University – “Literature as a point of encounter of prisoners and art workers”
- Sofia Giovanoglou, PhD from the Law School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Coordinator of Intercultural Education – “Cesare deve morire”: Theatre art as a factor of transition from prison cell towards freedom”
- Stathis Grapsas, Director, facilitator of programs within Greek prisons – “The Personal Development Workshop for Prisoners during the pandemic”.
- Claudio Montagna, Art director at the Teatro e Società Association – “The theater as a way to convey knowledge between prison and city community.”
- Intervention from the Women Prisoners and Ex-prisoners’ Supporting Network.